Cauliflower curry is at the top of the request list in this house. I'm talking top one, like, this it it.
There are so many amazing layers of flavour in this dish and the coconut rice is so light and fluffy with a little bit of creamy sweetness from the coconut milk. The two together is a killer combo.
Here's what you'll need:
CURRY 1 Onion 3 cloves garlic 2 cans diced tomatoes 1 can chickpeas, drained 1 cup dry lentils, cooked 1 can coconut milk 1/2 cup curry paste 2 cups chopped kale
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
COCONUT RICE 2 cups jasmine rice 2 cans coconut milk 2/3 c water
To make the curry:
1. Start by frying the garlic and onion in avocado oil until soft.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, chickpeas, cooked lentils, curry paste and coconut milk.
3. Heat on medium high heat.
4. When the curry comes to a boil, add cauliflower and turn to a simmer.
5. Add the Kale just before serving, it will only take a minute to wilt down.
To make the coconut rice:
1. Add coconut milk, rice and 2/3 cup water to a pan.
2. Bring to a boil, stir, then lower heat to a simmer for 40 minutes.
3. Stir occasionally.
This recipe is super simple to make and full of flavour.
I love to make a big pot on the weekend and freeze into batches for a quick supper or to use for lunches throughout the week.