We love pasta in this house!
The kids love spaghetti and my favourite is gnocchi!
When I was a kid, my favourite restaurant was this little Italian place near my house and I would always order the gnocci with rosée sauce. I love the pillowy texture of the gnocci, so hearty and comforting. Add a delicious sauce and I'm there!
Traditional Gnocci is made with eggs so I wanted to develop a vegan version to enjoy.
Here's what I used:
5 medium Potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 cup Flour and more for rolling
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Here's what I did:
1. Boil potatoes until soft, drain and cool completely.
2. Throw cooked potatoes into a good processor and pulse until creamy and all lumps are gone.
3. Slowly add olive oil to food processor on low speed, then start adding flour 1/4 cup at a time until doughy. (This should be pretty sticky)
4. Empty dough out onto a floured surface ad roll into a ball, adding flour as needed.
5. Cut the dough into four quarters and roll each quarter into four 2 logs, about 2 inches wide, with your hands.
6. Cut the logs into 1 inch pieces and roll each piece in your hand to soften out the edges.
7. Gently press a fork into the pieces, this will give the sauce something to stick to when the Gnocci is cooked.
8. To cook, throw the gnocci into boiling water. The gnocci will float to the top when it is cooked, this will only take a few minutes so don't walk away.
9. Drain and serve with your favourite sauce. I made this gnocci with my favourite pesto recipe, sun-dried tomatoes and kale.